Cornbread & Moonshine Festival
May 1, 2021
Please plan to join us!
A Tennessee Whiskey Trail Guild Event
Noon—4:00 PM * Pioneer Village
Admission to all Granville Attractions is $5.00. Under 6 Free. Parking $5.00.
Tickets for Whiskey Tasting is $5.00. Must be 21 years old to enter tasting area.
Cornbread Lane Meal Ticket is $10.00
Cornbread Lane -Granville Cornbread Cookoff. Walk through Cornbread Lane and enjoy a pioneer meal of pinto beans with ham, turnip greens, apples, cobbler, a beverage, and of course...your choice of fresh cornbread! Taste hot water cornbread made with fresh ground meal from Eller Grist Mill. Don’t miss tasting crackling cornbread in Pioneer Village. Fresh ground meal and grits available for sale at Eller Grist Mill.
Granville Hushpuppy-Hear the story and taste the original Granville Hushpuppy, not your traditional fried hushpuppy.
Craftsmen- Grist mill operations with corn meal and grits for sale; also blacksmithing, broom making, basket weaving, cloth weaving, primitive cooking and much more to see!
Tennessee Spirits/ Whiskey Trail Guild Event– TN Distilleries make more than Moonshine… everything from Bourbon, TN Whiskey, Moonshine, Vodka, Rum, Gin and more. Come try it all. Tennessee distillers will offer samples and sell bottles of their product. Thank you to the following distilleries: Short Mountain, Ole Smoky Moonshine, Tennessee Legend, Old Forge, Old Glory, Old Tennessee, Post Modern Spirits and Chattanooga Whiskey. Stop by the Whistle Stop Saloon and learn the story of Moonshiner Hop T. Lee. Visit Pioneer Village for storytelling of moonshining adventures.
Special Musical Guests– Cornbread Whiskey will be performing at the Pruett Stage at 12:00 and 3:00 pm.
John Alan Carmack and Charles Melin are singer/songwriters who first met in Tampa in 2016. Both John and
Charles have enjoyed success as solo artists, but always talked about joining forces. After a few stops and
starts with other musicians, they decided to form Cornbread Whiskey as a duo, and it has proven to be a
winning combination. Their playlist consists of Classic Rock, Old Timey and Country Classics plus songs that
everyone recognizes and can join in singing to.
Tour Mayberry Town– Grand Opening of Tennessee’s Mayberry Town:
9:30 am Grand Opening of Mayberry & I Love Lucy Museum, Mayberry Cruise In, Antique Car Show, LeRoy Mack McNees of The Country Boys 11:00 am & 6:00 pm “Andy Griffith Show”; 12:00 & 2:00 pm Little Ricky of I Love Lucy Show performing; Victors Band performing at 10:00 am & 1:00 pm; Mayberry Diner serving Lunch with Mayberry Reruns; Sutton Homestead Historic Home featuring “Life in a Mayberry Town”, Craftsmen Demonstrating Crafts of Yesteryear.
Granville’s Annual Cornbread Cook Off Categories and Rules
(Entries Accepted in Pioneer Village from 8:30 am—9:30 am)
Categories: (a) Traditional Cornbread (b) Non-Traditional Cornbread (c) Cornmeal/TN Spirits
(d) Aunt B’s Hoe Cakes (e) Hushpuppies
1. Category (a) Traditional and (b) Non-Traditional Cornbread: Must be cooked in a large cast iron skillet, but brought to the event in a disposable dish. No cornbread sticks or muffins are allowed. Please leave unsliced.
2. Category (c) Cornbread/TN Spirits Dish: Recipe must contain cornmeal and any spirit (liquor) in any quantity. Can be a main or side dish, casserole or dessert and brought in a disposable container. Must bring entire recipe. Please note that this category is for any spirit, not just moonshine.
3. Category (d) Aunt B’s Hoe Cakes: Must be cooked in a cast iron skillet but brought to the event in a disposable container. Must bring at least a dozen (12).
4. Category (e) Hushpuppies must be brought in a disposable dish. Must bring at least a dozen (12).
5. Recipe must be submitted with each entry in each category or recipe will not be judged.
6. Entries will be judged on taste, appearance, aroma, and consistency/texture with few holes from overmixing.
7. All entries will be served during lunch.
8. Awards will be announced prior to lunch so participants should stay close for awards and pictures.
Prizes: 1st Place: $25 2nd Place: $15 3rd Place: $10
All contestants receive a bag of Eller Grist Mill Cornmeal and a Cornbread & Moonshine Festival Tee Shirt
For more information, call 931-653-4151